- Performance – With increasing internet speeds, increasing data traffic and increasing treats, legacy firewalls don’t have the processing power required to properly secure your network. Make sure your firewall has the performance speeds necessary to keep up with today’s threat landscape. Performance testing your internet may be the way to go, you may not know the answer to “what is performance testing?” That is why helpful sites such as Apica Systems can help you.
- Deep Packet Inspection – Your firewall should come equipped with deep packet inspection which will analyze every bit of content for malicious intent, regardless of how it’s labeled.
- Zero Day Protection – The ability to install automatic updates is a very important feature on a firewall, especially when new threats are being discovered every day.
- Web Access Management – Firewalls can also be a very useful management tool. A good firewall can monitor web browsing and block access to certain websites, like Facebook.
- Detailed Reporting – What good is a firewall if it can’t validate its service? Detailed reporting is important for both management and compliance purposes.
- High Availability (HA) – If your primary firewall appliance should fail, HA ensures that the security services will automatically fail over to a secondary appliance without any user intervention. This feature is crucial for eliminating downtime.
- Affordability – A common misconception is that the more expensive the firewall, the better it is. That’s simply not true.
Btech’s firewalls contains all of the features above PLUS the added benefit of our Managed Security Service. One of our Senior Engineers will monitor your firewall daily, maintain it with the latest updates, and provide detailed reports and logs on your firewall’s status. Learn More »